The Presidential and Vice-Presidential debates have had tremendous influence on elections of the past. We imagine that this will be the case for our upcoming elections in November.
We think there are things that need to be seen and heard from each candidate and their party’s platform that will help us know how to vote.
Our job, as always, is to pray and ask God for His wisdom and insight in how to cast our vote. Let’s begin by praying for these public debates where many things may be revealed and a nation may see which path to choose.
Please see the prayer guide below that has been put together in a collaborative effort with many other ministries. Christians across the United States from many streams will be praying together with us on this important matter. Feel free to forward this to everyone you know who will pray.
May God’s grace abound,
Mike and Cindy Jacobs
PRAYER FOR OUR NATIONAL
PRESIDENTIAL AND VICE-PRESIDENTIAL DEBATES
These upcoming national elections are crucial for America. They will either make or break the nation. The only possible hope for America is PRAYER.
The 2016 PRESIDENTIAL DEBATES will have a big impact on what happens in this country for many years to come.
Below is the 2016 PRESIDENTIAL DEBATE SCHEDULE:
FIRST PRESIDENTIAL DEBATE: MONDAY, SEPT. 26, 2016, AT HOFSTRA UNIVERSITY IN HEMPSTEAD, N.Y.
Moderated by Lester Holt (NBC)
THE FIRST DEBATE WILL CONSIST OF SIX 15-MINUTE SEGMENTS SELECTED BY THE MODERATOR AND ANNOUNCED AHEAD OF THE DEBATE.
VICE PRESIDENTIAL DEBATE: TUESDAY, OCT. 4, 2016, AT LONGWOOD UNIVERSITY IN FARMVILLE, VA.
Moderated by Elaine Quijono (CBSN)
THE VICE PRESIDENTIAL DEBATE WILL BE DIVIDED INTO NINE 10-MINUTE SEGMENTS.
SECOND PRESIDENTIAL DEBATE: SUNDAY, OCT. 9, 2016, AT WASHINGTON UNIVERSITY IN ST. LOUIS
Moderated by Martha Raddatz (ABC) and Anderson Cooper (CNN)
THE SECOND PRESIDENTIAL DEBATE WILL BE A TOWN MEETING, WHERE HALF OF THE QUESTIONS WILL COME FROM PARTICIPANTS AND THE OTHER FROM THE MODERATORS. THE MODERATORS’ QUESTIONS WILL BE BASED ON PUBLIC INTEREST TOPICS DETERMINED VIA SOCIAL MEDIA AND OTHER SOURCES.
THIRD PRESIDENTIAL DEBATE: WEDNESDAY, OCT. 19, 2016 AT THE UNIVERSITY OF NEVADA, LAS VEGAS
Moderated by Chris Wallace (FOX news)
THE THIRD PRESIDENTIAL DEBATE WILL HAVE THE SAME FORMAT AS THE FIRST, WITH SIX 15-MINUTE SEGMENTS.
“History belongs to the intercessors who believe the future into being.” (Walter Wink)
HOW WE WILL PRAY:
UNITY: We all know that power in prayer comes when we are not individual groups but one in Christ.
PRAY WITH ALL OUR HEART AND SOUL: Let’s be fully committed. “Gathered themselves together, to ask (prayed, beseeched) help of the LORD: even out of all the cities of Judah they came to seek the LORD. 2 Chron 20:4
REJOICE: “This is what the LORD says to you: ‘Do not be afraid or discouraged because of this vast army For the battle is not yours, but God’s”. 2 Chron 20:15
- FIRST REPENT OF ANY SIN AND ASK THE LORD TO CLEANSE YOU BEFORE YOU PRAY.
- WORSHIP THE LORD. He is enthroned in our worship and praises. That is what Elijah did when he repaired the altar of God!
- Ask the Lord to protect each candidate, location, moderator and attendee and that His Holy Spirit and angelic host will intervene wherever necessary so that His plans and purposes can be carried out in this nation.
- Pray that the Lord exposes every plan of the enemy.
- Take His authority that He has given to His followers to command and decree that the enemy will not have any power over the debates or the elections.
- Pray that during the debates, God will bring clearness and wisdom to the person of His choice. Pray that person will have discernment and wisdom from God in what they say and do.
- Pray by name for the moderates running the debates. May they be fair and unbiased.
- Thank the Lord that the history of the United States of America in the prayers of the intercessors and that we will be heard on high!
Copyright © 2016 Generals International, All rights reserved.